ARCOLOGY: Wikipedia | Facebook Group | Tech Study
Arcology, a portmanteau of "architecture" and "ecology", is a field of creating architectural design principles for very densely populated, ecologically low-impact human habitats. The concept has been primarily popularized, and the term itself coined, by architect Paolo Soleri. It also appears in science fiction. Authors such as Peter Hamilton in Neutronium Alchemist or Paolo Bacigalupi in The Water Knife explicitly use arcologies as part of their scenarios. Arcologies are often portrayed in science fiction as self-contained or economically self-sufficient.
- To promote and discuss the Arcology concept in a Modern Canadian Context
- To organize ideas and collectively brainstorm on possible solutions
- To organize a list of essential services, and a business model that would allow for self-sustainability and profitability, structured as a COOP owned Arcology
- Develop a political platform that will assist in the spread of Arcology developments, supporting technologies, and industries.
Star Captain's Blogs
The Oncoming Age of Arcologies
Toronto Arcology Community Development
- Find citizens interesting in helping with development, and also citizens willing to live in Arcology-like hyper structure
- To develop political support and obtain funding to develop a COOP Arcology
- To Develop A Virtual Prototype (Virtual structure that can be explored online)
- To Create A replicable Arcology Model for 25-50,000 by the year 2028. (est. 15 years)
- To Assist other Population Center's across Canada, and around the World, in developing Arcologies of their own to promote self-sustainability and a COOP ownership model of futuristic living centers.